If I have learned anything in my 27 years, I have learned that marriage will be one of the most challenging and rewarding aspects of living life. Four years ago I committed myself to my partner in crime, my better half and my best friend. I am extremely lucky that I have found that one person who will be there for me for the rest of my life and with every day we live together, I feel I learn something new about myself and our relationship. Although I don’t consider myself an expert on the subject of relationships, in my young life I think I have successfully discovered top successful key points to being in a happy, healthy relationship. From my humble mind to your willing ears, I hope that these tips can help you succeed in any relationship that you have in your life.
Tag Archives: be
Where I stand in life, at this current moment, is in transition. I feel like I am in transition from one dream to another and some days I question my ability to follow a new dream. What keeps me going? The sole fact that I have already achieved my childhood dream, to be a professional musician. Sure, some people might say that I wasn’t technically a “professional” because I didn’t make it to that MTV Music Awards stage but still for a year of my life I lived the life of a musician. At the end of the day, I feel accomplished and satisfied in my successes as a musician.
So, in my efforts to continue to find motivation and drive towards the next dream, I have compiled my top 5 tips on how to achieve your dreams. In hopes that it will not only keep me motivated to achieving my next life dream but maybe give you, my reader friend, a new way of looking at the goals and dreams you have set out in your mind and just how to complete them.
- Never take “No” for an answer. “No” is a very ugly word but when you are searching for achieving the one thing in life that you dream of, you can’t see it as an ugly word. You have to see it as a another wall to break down to get to the other side. How I also see it, if you take “no” as an answer to anything, it makes me question how much it really means to you. For example, if you want to walk into a bank looking for a loan on your dream house and they tell you that you have bad credit and won’t approve you the loan, what would you do? Accept the bank’s answer as final word and miss out on that dream house? Or fight for the dream of living in your own home and consider your options? That’s right! You would fight! You would march towards that loan officer and demand to find out why your credit is so bad and how you can fix it in order to get your dream house. Now that is the way you never take no for an answer because you find out other ways to make your dreams work for you.
- The Bigger the Better. My life mantra has always and will forever be, “Dream Big, Live the Life.” From this point forward, it should be yours too. If you want to dream you might as well have the biggest dreams in all of the universe! No one can stop your mind from dreaming and that is the beauty of dreams. This is the stage of living the dream life that is one of my favorites because I can imagine a whole array of things for myself that I wish to achieve. This is not something that people should feel guilty about nor should you feel unhappy about dreaming bigger and better things for yourself. It is all about being honest with yourself and understanding that if there is something you dream about and you question it then maybe it isn’t for you or maybe it is just the thing you need. While you are dreaming big make sure you are also dreaming honest too. That is the only way you will ever truly get what you want out of your life.
- Failure?? What’s that? Have you ever thought to yourself, “Well, I could do this but I might not be any good at it?” Well, that my friend is being afraid of failure and that is when you need to get up and shake that off. Literally, get up off your butt and do a booty dance. Trust me it will make you feel silly in all of the right ways and put a smile on your face. See you already forgot what your were dreading about in the first place! Don’t be afraid of an end result that you haven’t even given a chance to yet. The only failure you can receive from your dreams is not trying to achieve them. That is the ultimate failure you can have with achieving your dreams, is just not trying to go for them because you are afraid of failure. You are doing the one thing you are afraid of by being afraid! so get that booty shaking and with it all your doubts and fears but we are doing this, we are following our dreams!
- What is your motivation? After all that booty shaking, you must now think about what is it that is ultimately driving you to achieve your dreams. Consider this, September 17, 2012 was the day that I decided to quit smoking. It has now been over a year that I have not only quit smoking but I also have taken up yoga and exercising as well. My motivation? What drove me to quit a bad habit and make a better person physically out of myself? It was the fact that, when I was younger I told myself I would never be absent in any part of my life. More specially, I wouldn’t be the type of mother that I did not have when I was growing up. I would imagine myself with my future children and just think, “Okay Emma, you want to meet them, right? Well, let’s jog this mile!” That is what you need to do, find the things that makes you want to be a better you. Ultimately, that is what we dream about right? Being a better version of ourselves?
- Have a kick ass support system. Most people often skip this step and not entirely on purpose either. It is just some people don’t realize how important the people your surround yourself with are to you and your greater well-being. So that is why this tip is probably the most important tip that I could offer. Having a support system of family, friends or even co-workers can do wonders for your dreams and for your motivations. When it comes down to it, when others believe in you and your dreams, you tend to find it easier to believe it them along as in yourself as well. For me, it was my husband. He was the one that I could fully rely on to support my dreams to being a professional musician. When I had my doubts and times of weakness, he would lift me back up and show me my own strength. Even when I consider other dreams that I wish to achieve, I still remember his epic speeches and those comforting hugs. Those are the moments that still stick with me to this very day. Having support from those you love and trust will help you with every other aspect of achieving your dream because it will give you the greatest thing of all: confidence.
Whatever your dreams might be or even if they change so frequently that you never quite know where you will end up, never forget the things you are dreaming about because those dreams are the very things that will make you change your life for the better. With these tips I am confident that anyone can achieve whatever dream they wish to dream. For me, it is one of my many dreams to be able to inspire someone to go after what they dream about. So if my tips help in any way, please feel free to share that with me!